Wastewater and Stormwater Network
The Canadian Water and Wastewater Association sponsors and supports the web-based Effluents Network which allows any Canadian having an interest, role or responsibility in wastewater effluent issues to exchange information on regulatory, policy and performance issues.
Wastewater and Stormwater Committee:
The purpose and function of the Wastewater and Stormwater Committee is to:
- monitor developments in Canadian (federal, provincial, or inter-provincial) legislative initiatives or programs affecting all discharge situations from municipal water or wastewater infrastructure;
- provide assessed and balanced information flows on developments in legislation to CWWA Members and Member Associations;
- provide commentary and advice to federal or national bodies on the nature and impacts of legislative or program initiatives;
- assist CWWA act in its role as the national voice on water and wastewater matters; and to
- promote Canada-wide adoption of a common policy on handling discharges of all kinds from municipal infrastructures and sources that would recognize provincial/territorial specific differences.
Back to top